Kansas City is known for many things. From the famed Crossroads Arts District, to the incredible food & drink scene, there is something for everyone to explore. If you are a fan of barbeque, you will find some of the best theme restaurants in the country in Kansas City. KC locals know where the BBQ is best, and you will be surprised to find that burnt ends are among the best dishes served at top eateries. If you are new to the city, we have a list of dishes that definitely demand your attention here.
- Grilled Pork Belly. Served at many restaurants in KC, Grilled Pork Belly is a classic of sorts and is served with Apple slaw, or special marmalade. Look for the smoked variant, which is cooked for hours for that authentic flavor.
- Ultimate beef brisket. You have to try beef brisket here, even if you are a fan of Tex-Mex style. Eateries have ready poutines that are worth the price. So, you have crispy fries served with beef brisket gravy, cheese curds, and the standard BBQ sauce. There could be variations, but this is worth sharing with your friends.
- Pork Sausages. Most restaurants have their in-house specialties, and you should consider trying this out at places like Q39. Using fresh ground pork, their dish relies on a special spice blend.
- Burnt ends. In Kansas City, people take burnt ends rather seriously. Burnt ends are specialties on certain weekdays, so do ask the server if that option is available. Some eateries also serve burnt end burgers and sandwiches.
- Pork spare ribs. There is nothing like pork spare ribs for dinner. You can have this with almost any kind of extra on the side, such as sliced brisket, or just order a nice BBQ burger.
Kansas City has a wide range of restaurants that you can choose from, including Joe’s Kansas City¸ Bryant’s BBQ, and Gates BBQ. If ambience is something that you prefer over everything else, go for Q39, which has been rated among the best in the city. Also, don’t forget to check the weekly specials, which are unique at every other restaurant. Some days, you may find items that are typically not a part of the menu. From beef to pork and basic chicken wings, there are so many things to explore at almost every good eatery in KC. Check for options now!